Basic Skills Clinic Series:
Saturday June 27: Grooming to Win
- Clipping, Mane pulling/trimming, whitening whites, and polishing that coat!
- Need minimum of 6 for clinic to be a go! RSVP via email or call 5706916368.
Saturday July 11: Ground Manners
- Leading, standing, tying and more
Saturday July 18: Showmanship
- $20, 4-H members $5
- Presentation and patterns…just in time for 4-H Round Up!
Saturday August 8: Preventative Medicine
- De-worming, Vaccinations, dealing with cuts and bruises, monitoring weight and more
Saturday August 15: Desensitizing your Horse
- The process of sacking out your horse to what terrifies him! Sure to be fun!
July 27-29: Adult Camp at Bear Creek
- Open to ages 12 and up, all disciplines
- Variety of topics on horse care, riding, and more! Lessons daily.
- $225 for all 3 days, or $75 per day
- Sorry, you must have your own horse for this camp. We do not have enough lesson horses available.
To reserve your spot in any of the above clinics or events please contact Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-691-6368. Sign-up sheets will also be available in the lower barn at Bear Creek after 6/24. Hope to see you all there!
Entry Form: Dressage Show Entry Form
Fix a Test Entry: Fix A Test Entry Form
Friday July 10: Fix-a-Test with Cheryl Ash
- Limited to 14 tests only, so get those entries in ASAP!
- $40 per Test
- Ride your dressage test, then the judge will help you “fix” it to help improve your score. You may have the opportunity to ride the same test again. Approximately 20 minute ride slots.
- Ribbons for this show will be awarded on a percentage basis. Blue for above 70%, Red for above 60%, Yellow for above 50%.
Friday Night Dressage Shows
July 31, August 14, September 4
- All levels welcome
- $25 a test
- Ribbons 1st thru 6th
- Judge TBD
August 12-14 Annual Adult Dressage Camp
- Wednesday and Thursday 3-8pm, Friday 2-8:30pm
- With Cheryl Ash and Jessica Stein
- Includes 2 entries per rider for the show 8/14!
- Variety of equine topics, lunge lessons, and riding lessons.
- $225 for all 3 days or $75 per day.
- This year’s theme: Moving up the Levels
- Let’s get an in-depth look at what we need to improve in order to perform the next test, the next level. Does your horse need to be stronger? Do you need a better seat? What do your expectations need to be? And how can you work to achieve all this?
Please send payment and entries to Stemmler Stein Equine, LLC at 510 Orchard Ln, Orwigsburg, PA 17961. Spaces fill up quick, so don’t delay!
I feel like I’m coming out of zombie land and waking up again to focus on getting some fun events out there for all of you wonderful clients and followers! Whew…what a year its been! Here’s the latest scoop….
So in September 2014 my husband and I bought a gorgeous little piece of property at auction just outside Orwigsburg. We bought the house pretty much sight-unseen and boy what a project it turned out to be. Now that renovations are done on our beautiful little house, we are starting to turn our attention to getting the property ready for…you guessed it…horses! There is tons of potential here and I am so excited to get started. We are still in the very early stages, but I will be sure to keep you posted as things progress.
I am still teaching at both Hillside Equestrian Center in New Tripoli and at Bear Creek Valley Stables in Auburn. Lesson schedules have been filling up with this gorgeous weather we’ve been having, so if you are interested, make sure you give me a call!
If you would like to be on my mailing list for upcoming events and updates on the farm’s progress, please email me at email@example.com with the subject “Add me!”, even if you were on my mailing list before. When I went in to my email account last week, all of my contacts had mysteriously vanished. Google can offer no explanation or remedy other than the possibility that my account has been hacked. I have done what I can to remedy that scenario, but if you have been or start getting weird emails from me, ITS NOT ME! Please let me know right away.
Hope all is well with everyone! Looking forward to a great rest of the summer!
Entry Form Click Here: Dressage Show Entry Form
When: Saturday October 4, 2014
Where: Hillside Equestrian Center, New Tripoli, PA
Time: 9am start
What: Schooling Show with ribbons 1st-6th, plus optional Costume class for those who ride their test in costume! Costumes will be judged on creativity, functionality, and on how well they include the horse.
Judge: Cheryl Ash, “L”
Questions contact Jessica Stein at 570-691-6368
Dressage Show Entry Form
Judge: Cheryl Ash
Deadline: September 7
Cost: $35/ test
Ribbons through 6th place at each level.
Show starts 1pm! Judge Patti Thompson. Please register by the Saturday before the show.
Dressage Show Entry Form
So many people have asked me at the new Bear Creek location to do a Basic Skills clinic series again, that I am officially working on getting one rolling again. Any requests out there for clinic topics? Here’s what’s been requested so far:
- Preventative Medicine
- Trail Safety (and not what you usually think of…)
- Ground Skills/Manners