Saturday April 22, 2017 from 12-5 pm at Briar Rose Farm, Orwigsburg, PA
This will be the 5th year Stemmler Stein Equine, LLC will be hosting a Saddle Up for St. Jude event to benefit St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital! Over the last 6 years we have raised over $15,000 for the kids at St. Jude. I am very excited to get this event up and running again for 2017!
Please visit our fundraising page at http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR/Events/Events?fr_id=70224&pg=entry to register and start raising money for the hospital! About a month or so from the event I will have envelopes as well to help with fundraising if you wish to go door to door or in your workplace. We are asking that everyone raise at least $25 in order to participate in the event. Of course, the more the better! I have set an event goal of $2500. Our record however in 2010 was over $5000. Can we beat it?
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS FOR INCOMING HORSES: ALL HORSES MUST SHOW COGGINS DATED WITHIN 1 YEAR AND CERTIFICATE OF FLU/RHINO VACCINATION DATED WITHIN 6 MONTHS. NO INCOMING HORSES WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BARN. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP KEEPING OUR HORSES HEALTHY.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST RSVP BY APRIL 15! Depending on weather, parking may be limited. We may end up assigning ride times if need be depending on the volume of trailers coming in. Please let me know if you are bringing a trailer and which riders are coming with you so we can plan for parking. We want as many people as possible to be able to participate!
Activities at this year’s event will include the Trail Ride itself, which will be about a 2 hour loop (at a walk…but you can set your own pace), a 50/50 Cash Poker Ride on the Trail (additional donation), an Easter Egg Hunt (on trail…and maybe something closer to the farm for the kids), a Raffle (donations of Raffle Items welcome!) and Pony Rides (yes! All those munchkins not quite ready for the trail ride can still ride!).
I am also in need of volunteers! It gets a little chaotic on event day, so I will need the help! Please let me know if you are willing to help with any of the following:
-Parking! Going to be complicated depending on how wet my fields are. Need a few adults for this.
– Registration day of- need 2 adults
– Pony Ride Walkers! – need 3 teenagers or adults with horse sense
– Traffic Control- where we have road crossings
– Checkpoint Guard- Scattered throughout the trail to make sure everyone is OK…and to help with the poker ride and other games!
– Runners (to check on other volunteers, refresh them with drinks, etc. …kids would be great here!)
– Event Awareness- I could use some helpers before the event to spread flyers, notify radio stations, etc.
– We also need donations of items for the raffle and donations of food items/ baked goods to sell to benefit St. Jude.
More jobs will pop up I’m sure, so if you can help let me know. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Looking forward to the event! Hope to see you there!