Young Horse Starting/ Retraining
- Get your horse started the right way! Lots of patience with a balance of fairness and firmness will have your youngster respecting you and going quietly at all three gaits. I use a variety of natural horsemanship methods to gain the horse’s respect and trust and then build the work with a regard for the horse as an individual. I can steer your young horse toward whichever discipline you prefer.
- Did your horse start off on the wrong foot? I have had great results after going back and filling in holes in horses’ training. Taking the same approach I do with my unbroken horses, I start at the beginning and find where and why the horse is resisting progress.
- References are available if you want to talk to the owners of horses I have trained!
- Rediscover why you love your horse! Come for a tune-up and both of you will be moving with a more comfortable rhythm and with better communication. I can help make bad habits disappear whether they are on the ground or under saddle!
- Dressage Training is my specialty! I have ridden through fourth level competitively. Let me help you and your horse rise through the levels. I also have a growing number of people getting involved in Western Dressage. No matter what your goals, dressage will help give you a balanced seat and help your horse realize its full potential!
- For a commission I am willing to market and show your horse to prospective buyers. I have had success selling several horses over the past few years, most of which have been sold within 1-3 months. With a growing clientele base, I can usually match horses and riders fairly quickly.
Full Training (30 days) $350, Partial Training (12 sessions) $240
All disciplines and breeds welcome. Experience with everything from ponies to drafts, quarter horses to Andalusians, gaited and non-gaited.